We are always interested in connecting with qualified, passionate healthcare professionals as our affiliated practices and practice support group continues to grow. We currently have the following available positions:
Regional Accountant (Brentwood, TN)
The Regional Accountant is responsible for executing and validating the company’s accounting practices and policies and ensuring the financial security of the company by adhering to generally accepted accounting principles. Duties includes oversight of daily accounting activity, field training on best practices, monthly financial reporting, budget analysis, financial forecasting and various administrative and clerical functions, as needed.
The position is management focused with the objective of supporting the management team in an effective and efficient delivery of practice support and optimizing financial performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze detailed accounting system transactions in support of programs and projects; utilize data in the development of forecasted income statements and assess balance sheets and cash flow impacts, and monitor results.
- Present regular financial, statistical, and operational reports including analysis of progress toward annual budget goals; analyze budget impact of implemented programs and projects; provide input for long range financial projects that have financial impact or implications for the company.
- Analyze, accumulate and review data for financial reports.
- Collaborate with other departments to transform data and metrics into presentation materials.
- Partners with and collaborates with Business Development and Operations team members to provide forward-looking solutions on how best to structure the transaction to ensure successful completion. Provide all potential options such as roll up equity, potential bonus for practice growth, etc.
- Represent the accounting department within the broader organization in a professional manner while working with the state team to facilitate partnership, meet the operational needs and provide a high level of service. Solid team player focused on supporting a high performing team.
- Analyze and reconcile the general ledger and monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and state of cash flows.
- Preparation of monthly entries and account analysis.
- Support fixed asset, sales, property and other tax reporting.
- Revenue cycle accounting (including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, bad debts and related reserve estimation).
- Incentive computation, approval, and review. Support preparation of financial analysis and explanation of variances between budgeted and actual results. Support periodic reporting for physician incentives.
- Support monthly and quarterly internal reporting and analysis, including practice, location, service line, and summary financial information. Participate in monthly operating reviews with Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operational Officer to discuss financial results, assess opportunities for improvement and support operations team with appropriate data to accomplish desired performance levels.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets and updated projections.
- Preparation of purchase accounting entries for new acquisitions.
- Assist in data organization and data processing.
- Maintain and strive to improve financial policies and internal controls. Assist with workflow improvement and support strong internal controls, particularly with regard to purchasing, inventory, asset control and protection, expense management, expense reporting and supporting a general approach with regard to reinforcing accountability and financial controls.
- Maintains knowledge of current tools, technology and methodologies in executing data collection and interpretation and providing analytical insights and advice.
- Prepares ad hoc reports.
- Researches and develops analytics requirements, demands, and accompanying business models with strategic partners.
- Collect and analyze external market data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes.
- Proactively contributes to developing the strategic and operational objectives towards establishing a high performing and continuously improving organization.
- Provides input to and assists with the Corporate Development Strategy.
- Communicates with team members in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data while preparing clear and accurate financial reports.
- Ability to identify trends and irregularities with problem solving skills to resolve difficult and unusual problems.
- Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency with quantitative analytic methodologies, basic statistics, data reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proficiency in working effectively in a team environment as well as communicating and interacting effectively with all level of staff/management within and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in: 1) Understanding what information is most valuable to advance clinical and business performance, 2) Ability to communicate findings back to leaders and key contributors in a meaningful format, and 3) Explaining/interpreting analytics in a language our physicians and stakeholder understand.
- Excellent computer skills, ability to manipulate data for analysis and proficiency with various applications including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be highly professional in appearance, tone and delivery and an effective communicator.
- Dedicated to follow-through and results and success of the team.
- Flexibility as it relates to schedule, responsibilities and priorities.
- Must be an exceptional listener, with the proven ability to problem-solve to issues discussed.
- Interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills are important.
- The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and analytical and intuitive skills.
- Have high levels of critical thinking skills, negotiation skills, and the ability to interact with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Science, Business Administration or closely related field.
- CPA or CFA are a plus.
- Intaact ERP and Qlikview DB experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressively responsible experience in analyzing financial data including one year minimum involving duties related to the preparation and administration of a corporate budget or budgetary process preferably in a health care setting.
- Experience in a start-up environment with mergers and acquisitions and due diligence preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of practice management and/or physician services business model preferred.
- Occasional night or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required associated with partnership acquisitions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Frequent standing/walking. Ability to push, pull and reach. Ability to occasionally bend, stand, stoop and stretch. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Have full range of body motion.
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and medical equipment.
- Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; specific vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work of this position is performed in an environmentally controlled office environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, v vendors, insurance companies and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position may cause frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Normal hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, but schedules may vary from practice to practice and in accordance with business necessity. The Company considers a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility, everyone needs to work as a team and we expect all employees to roll up their sleeves and pitch in as necessary to get the job done.
Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes, (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive feedback from a supervisor.
We offer rewarding career opportunities with an excellent compensation package, core benefits, relocation assistance, PTO, CME allowance, a 401(k) plan and more. Our centers are operational 4.5 to 5 days per week, with varying work schedules by clinic location.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All candidates for employment are subject to pre-employment screenings including verification of credentials, background check and drug testing.
For more information, please contact:
615.250.6727 | [email protected]